Savor cuisine made from locally produced ingredients during a stay in Kinugawa-Kawaji Hot Spring!
Evening meals at Kinugawa-Kawaji Hot Spring's ryokan and hotels offer you the opportunity to enjoy cuisine made from local produce such as freshwater fish, vegetables, edible wild plants, or wagyu beef from cattle reared amid the rich natural surroundings of the region.
There are also a variety of different ways to enjoy the same produce: each accommodation has ingenious culinary techniques for drawing out delicious flavors from ingredients, including the uniquely Japanese shabu-shabu and sukiyaki (Japanese hot-pot dishes that feature thinly sliced meat), as well as rice cooked together with seasonal ingredients. Be sure to visit Kinugawa-Kawaji Hot Spring this winter and enjoy some of these rare culinary gems that adhere meticulously to the use of local produce!
* Photographs are only a visual representation, and dishes may differ depending on the period of time. For details please inquire in advance.
*1 Prices displayed are prices for 1 person based on a stay of 1 night with 2 meals included for 2 people staying in 1 room (taxes included).
*2 Please make reservations in advance.
*3 Please make direct inquiries regarding prices.
Introduction to cuisine made from locally produced ingredients on offer at each ryokan
- "Tochigi Foodstuffs": a treasure trove of nutrition
- Tochigi's local specialties such as kanpyo (dried gourd) and yuba (a soybean-based dish) are rich in nutritive value, and are effective against high blood pressure, ageing, and other conditions.
Shuhokan Japanese-Style Room & Buffet Plan
2 people in 1 room 14,850 yen -
4 people in 1 room 12,600 yen -
- Shabu made from high-grade wagyu beef produced in Tochigi Prefecture
- Shabu-shabu made from prefecturally produced Japanese beef which is ranked at A5-A4, the highest in the Japanese grading system.
88% Plan Offered in Gratitude for 88 Years of Establishment
usual price 18,000 yen → 15,858 yen
Yukemuri Magokoro no Yado Isshinkan
- Tochigi wagyu beef shabu-shabu
- Diners can enjoy Tochigi wagyu beef shabu-shabu from the comfort of their rooms.
Tochigi Wagyu Shabu-Shabu Plan
9,450 yen -
Keiryu no Yado Ryokusui
- Rice with Tochigi's prized "chichitake" mushrooms
- A rice dish that is cooked together with richly aromatic mushrooms with a refined flavor that are a local specialty of Tochigi.
- "Beautifully Portioned Beautiful Flavors" that are gentle on the stomach
- Carefully selected ingredients deliciously prepared in portions that are gentle on the diner's stomach.
Beautifully Portioned Beautiful Flavors Plan
25,150 yen -
- Special kaiseki that makes abundant use of local Nikko-yuba
- Healthy kaiseki-ryori (traditional Japanese haute cuisine) creations made with thick pieces of aromatic Nikko-yuba (a soybean-based dish).
14,850 yen -
Kinugawa Onsen Hotel
- "The Four Seasons of Kanaya", with cuisine as the star
- Monthly changing Kanaya-style Kaiseki (simple tea-ceremony dishes) with one dish recommended by the head chef, created from carefully selected ingredients.
35,850 yen -
Kinugawa Kanaya Hotel
- Also offering Tochigi's signature traditional local dish: "shimotsukare"
- A buffet featuring dishes made from local ingredients such as shimotsukare (a dish made of simmered vegetables, soybeans, salmon and sake lees), as well as Nikko-yuba (a soybean-based dish), Kanuma konnyaku (a kind of savory jelly made from konjac).
Kinugawa Kanko Hotel
- Tochigi attaka-nabe
- Nabe (Japanese hot-pot) made from Kanuma game fowl and local vegetables such as Hakubijin leeks, Nikko maitake mushrooms, and Kanuma chives.
Tochigi Attaka-Nabe Plan 18,000 yen
Kinugawa Grand Hotel Yumenotoki
- Exceptional spring water and local produce
- Kaiseki-ryori (traditional Japanese haute cuisine) made from ingredients such as the prefectural brand Koshihikari rice, yuba (a soybean-based dish), Nasu local chicken, and Nasu Hakubijin leeks.
Tsukimi-tei (traditional Japanese cuisine) Plan 13,800 yen-
Kinugawa Park Hotels
- Yuba steak
- Healthy and rich with the delicious flavor of soy beans, this is a dish made from thick pieces of yuba (a soybean-based dish).
Yuba-kaiseki Plan 12,750 yen
Kinugawa Plaza Hotel
- Exclusively using the brand of Koshihikari rice produced in Tochigi Prefecture
- Diners can enjoy delicious rice lovingly prepared from carefully selected stocks of Koshihikari rice produced in Tochigi Prefecture.
Kinugawa Hotel Mikazuki
- Enjoy "Kirifuri-kogen gyu-shabu" and "shika-sashi"!
- Diners can enjoy Kirifuri-kogen beef shabu-shabu and the most popular special dish: slices of raw venison eaten with grated ginger and garlic.
Kirifuri-Kogen Gyu-Shabu and Shika-Sashi Plan
17,475 yen -
Seijaku to Magokoro no Yado Nanaeyae
- Sukinabe with sumi-udon and yuba
- Sukinabe made from Nikko-yuba (a soybean-based dish) and noodles made with charcoal, which has excellent detoxifying qualities.
- Kirifuri-kogen beef with the spectacular scenery of the Kinugawa River
- This is a special plan limited to weekdays which offers locally produced Kirifuri-kogen beef served as toban-yaki (cooked on a ceramic plate) or sukiyaki-nabe (thinly sliced and cooked in a Japanese-style hot-pot).
3 Groups in a Day Kinugawa River Scenery Japanese-Style Room Plan
15,900 yen -
- Savor a traditional Japanese meal set made from local ingredients
- Tender and juicy Tochigi beef toban-yaki (cooked on a ceramic plate) accompanied by stewed Nikko-yuba (a soybean-based dish).
Hotel Sunshine Kinugawa
- Offering the mountain delicacy of shika-sashi and local sake
- Serving guests with an "evening drink set" of fresh slices of raw venison with local sake included at a reasonable price.
10,500 yen -
Hotel Shirakawa Yunokura
- Tochigi Wagyu Shabu-Shabu Nabe
- A Japanese-style hot-pot with thinly sliced Tochigi wagyu beef that has a melt-in-the-mouth texture.
Tochigi Wagyu Shabu-Shabu Nabe Plan
13,500 yen -
Hotel Harvest Kinugawa
- Tochigi Wagyu beef shabu-shabu
- Diners can enjoy Tochigi wagyu, the prefecture's highest-grade beef, served in shabu-shabu.
Weekdays Only / Tochigi Wagyu Shabu-Shabu Plan
23,000 yen -
- "Shimotsuke-ni", a dish that makes abundant use of locally produced ingredients
- A traditional local dish in which locally reared chicken, locally produced vegetables and Nikko-yuba (a soybean-based dish) are boiled together in chitake mushroom soup stock.
- Clear stream! Salt-grilled sweetfish and rustic flavors
- Rustic cuisine that only a mountain inn can offer, salt-grilled sweetfish and the simple flavors of edible wild plant delicacies.
Salt-Grilled Sweetfish and Rustic Cuisine Plan
7,150 yen -
- Nasu Kuroge Wagyu beef steak
- A luxury plan featuring Nasu Kuroge wagyu beef steak. Be sure to also try the Yashio trout and char sashimi dish.
Nasu Kuroge Wagyu Beef Steak Plan
13,650 yen -
- "Hana Akari" Weekday Group Plan
- Offering diners winter flavors such as nabe (a hot-pot dish) made with Utsunomiya gyoza dumplings amongst other dishes, with home-polished, prefecturally produced rice.
Reservations for 8 or more people: 12,750 yen (plan for groups of 8 or more)
- Tochigi isn't just about hot springs - let's eat!
- Dishes made with skillful culinary techniques from locally produced ingredients can be enjoyed by diners one at a time.
Tochigi Shokusaizen Plan
15,000 yen -
Yukemuri no Sato Kashiwaya
Enjoy the winter outdoors at your leisure during a stay at a hot spring!
Take just one step to find yourself in a real winter wonderland! We present to you experience tours that allow children and adults alike to enjoy the natural winter scenery of Kinugawa-Kawaji Hot Spring to the very fullest.
* Advance requests are necessary for all tours. Tours are subject to change or cancellation depending on the conditions of snowfall etc. Please inquire in advance.
Free early morning lesson at Edelweiss Snowboard School
Free lessons for beginners are given every morning.
- 8:00 - 8:50
Inquiries Edelweiss Snowboard School TEL: 0288-78-0786
- Insurance premium 300 yen
Experience seasonal strawberry-picking from winter through spring!